For weeknight dinners or entertaining, these shortcrust pastry pies with ricotta and sour cream filling are packed with winter veg including sweet potato and beetroot.
The ingredient of Winter vegetable tarts with crispy sage recipe
- 100g reduced-fat fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 small orange sweet potato, peeled, very thinly sliced
- 2 small purple sweet potatoes, peeled, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small beetroot, peeled, very thinly sliced
- 4 sheets frozen reduced-fat shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons pistachio kernels, finely chopped
- 40g baby rocket
- 1 red-skinned apple, cored, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
The instruction how to make Winter vegetable tarts with crispy sage recipe
- Combine ricotta, sour cream, onion, thyme leaves, garlic and half the parmesan in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place sweet potato slices in a bowl. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Repeat with beetroot and 2 teaspoons oil in a separate bowl.
- Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Using an 18.5cm plate as a guide, cut 1 round from each pastry sheet. Place on prepared trays. Leaving a 2cm border, spread one-quarter of ricotta mixture over each pastry round. Arrange sweet potato and beetroot, alternating, over ricotta mixture to form a spiral pattern. Using picture as a guide, fold and pleat pastry border around filling. Brush pastry edge with egg. Sprinkle tarts with remaining parmesan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Bake tarts for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Bake tarts for a further 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with sage and pistachios. Bake for a further 5 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Place rocket, apple, lemon juice and remaining oil in a bowl. Toss to combine. Serve tarts with rocket salad.
Nutritions of Winter vegetable tarts with crispy sage recipecalories: 1058.292 calories
calories: 54.1 grams fat
calories: 20.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 112.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 24.2 grams protein
calories: 110 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1482 milligrams sodium