*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Roast vegetable quinoa salad
- 2 cups quinoa, uncooked
- 4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium beetroot, chopped into mediums sized pieces
- 3 large carrots , chopped into mediums sized pieces
- 5 small zucchini, cut in half
- 8 button mushrooms, whole
- 1 bulb garlic, cut in half, horizontally
- 1/2 cup green beans, chopped into quarters & blanched
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Roast vegetable quinoa salad
- Place the uncooked quinoa in a sieve and rinse under cold water. This removes the bitter flavour from the grains. Place the quinoa into a medium saucepan, over a medium to low heat, with the chicken stock and olive oil. Simmer gently on low for 10-15 minutes until all of the water has been soaked up. Remove from heat and set aside for 1-2 hours or overnight in the fridge. Fluff the grains with a fork upon removing from the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Meanwhile place the vegetables & garlic (excluding the beans) into a roasting tray and drizzle with a little olive oil and salt & pepper. Roast vegetables in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes until cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside to cool down.
- In a small bowl squeeze the flesh of the garlic halves along with the herbs, vinegar, oil and salt & pepper. Mix with a fork until combined.
- In a large bowl place half of the cooked quinoa, half of the roasted vegetables & beans and half of the dressing. Toss to combine and repeat with the remaining half. Garnish with sprigs of oregano and parsley.
Nutritions of Roast vegetable quinoa saladcalories: