This Meat-free Monday tuck into a quick & easy stir-fried vegetable rice.
The ingredient of Stir-fried vegetable rice
- 225g jasmine rice
- 1 zucchini, cut into thin sticks
- 120g thin French beans, trimmed
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 small carrot, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves (see Notes)
- 6 shallots (spring onions), sliced
The instruction how to make Stir-fried vegetable rice
- Cook the rice in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, then drain well. Allow to cool, then refrigerate overnight.
- Blanch the zucchini, beans, asparagus, peas and carrot in boiling, salted water for 1 minute, then drain, refresh under cold water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat, then add the curry paste and stir-fry for a few seconds or until fragrant. Add onion, garlic and ginger, and cook for
- 1 minute. Add the blanched vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Add the rice and heat through, then stir in the fish and soy sauce, basil leaves and shallots.
Nutritions of Stir-fried vegetable ricecalories: 336.751 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 50 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 943.74 milligrams sodium