Experts recommend eating 5 serves of fruit and vegetables a day. This hearty and healthy lasagne will be a major contributor to the vegetable portion of that challenge.
The ingredient of Vegetable lasagne
- 300g low-fat fresh ricotta
- 1 tablespoon olive dip (Verdale Olive Estate brand) or tapenade
- 4 (200g) fresh lasagne sheets (Latina brand)
- 250mls (1 cup) tomato pasta sauce (like Five Brothers Roasted Garlic & Onion)
- 250g (1/2 small) butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 6 small (about 350g) egg tomatoes, sliced
- 1 bunch English spinach, washed, stems removed
The instruction how to make Vegetable lasagne
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Cover a baking tray with nonstick baking paper.
- Combine the ricotta and olive dip or tapenade in a small mixing bowl with a fork.
- Place a sheet of pasta on the lined baking tray. Spoon 60mls (1/4 cup) of pasta sauce over the pasta and spread evenly. Layer half of the pumpkin slices over the sauce. Sprinkle over half of the nutmeg and some pepper. Top with half of the tomato slices and half of the spinach.
- Top with another sheet of pasta and spread with 60mls (1/4 cup) of pasta sauce. Spread the ricotta mixture evenly over the top of the sauce.
- Layer with another sheet of pasta and spread with 60mls (1/4 cup) of pasta sauce. Layer with the remaining pumpkin slices and sprinkle with the rest of the nutmeg and some pepper. Top with the remaining spinach.
- Spread the remaining pasta sauce over the spinach and top with a final layer of pasta. Top with the remaining tomato slices.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender when tested with a skewer.
Nutritions of Vegetable lasagnecalories: 221.314 calories
calories: 6 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 26 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams sugar
calories: 13 grams protein
calories: 357.48 milligrams sodium