Grilled haloumi and traditional dips give this vegetarian dish Mediterranean flair.
The ingredient of Chargrilled vegetables with haloumi
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g haloumi, drained and cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 1 eggplant, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 8 slices Italian-style bread (ciabatta)
- 50g baby rocket leaves
- Tzatziki, to serve
- Hummus, to serve
The instruction how to make Chargrilled vegetables with haloumi
- Combine the garlic, lemon juice, oil and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Place the haloumi slices on a plate and drizzle with the garlic mixture. Set aside for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat a barbecue grill and plate to high. Spray the eggplant and zucchini with oil spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook until tender and browned. Remove and set aside.
- Brush the ciabatta with oil. Place on the barbecue plate and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place haloumi on grill and cook until soft and golden.
- To serve, arrange the eggplant, zucchini and rocket on serving plates. Top with haloumi and serve with ciabatta and dips, such as tzatziki or hummus.
Nutritions of Chargrilled vegetables with haloumicalories: 371.167 calories
calories: 19 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 29 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 18 grams protein
calories: 26 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1712.49 milligrams sodium