So versatile and tasty is the humble quiche - try our easy version with spring vegetable goodness!
The ingredient of Spring vegetable quiche
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup (70g) fresh peas or frozen peas
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thin cream
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (30g) finely grated gruyere cheese
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 125g chilled butter, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
The instruction how to make Spring vegetable quiche
- To make the pastry, place the flour and butter in the bowl of a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg and process until mixture just comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until dough just comes together. Shape into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a 3mm-thick disc. Line a 24cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin with removable base with the pastry. Use a small sharp knife to trim.
- Line the pastry with baking paper and fill with dried beans or rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the paper, beans or rice and bake for a further 10 minutes or until light golden. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 150u00b0C.
- To make the filling, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until leek softens. Add the asparagus and cook for a further 1 minute or until tender. Remove from heat. Add the peas and stir to combine.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, and milk together in a large jug. Arrange the leek mixture and cheese in the pastry case. Pour over the egg mixture. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until filling is just set. Serve warm or at room temperature with mixed salad leaves, if desired.
Nutritions of Spring vegetable quichecalories: 726.799 calories
calories: 51 grams fat
calories: 28 grams saturated fat
calories: 47 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 20 grams protein
calories: 331 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 321.46 milligrams sodium