For a meat-free meal that wont leave you hungry, this hearty vegetable tagine recipe ticks all the boxes.
The ingredient of Vegetable tagine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1kg pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups (500ml) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 175g thin green beans, topped
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Couscous, (tossed with drained canned chickpeas and chopped red onion), to serve
The instruction how to make Vegetable tagine
- Heat the olive oil in a large deep frypan over medium heat. Cook the onion for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add the crushed garlic and grated ginger to the pan and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the ground cumin, coriander, paprika and cinnamon quill, then stir for a further 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the cubed pumpkin, canned tomatoes and the vegetable stock, and stir to combine. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the tagine for 12-15 minutes, uncovered, until the pumpkin is tender.
- Add the green beans and cook for a further 5 minutes until they are tender and bright green. When ready to serve, stir in the chopped mint, coriander and honey. Serve in bowls with couscous.
Nutritions of Vegetable taginecalories: