Put leftover roast vegies to good use by binding with egg and cheese, and baking into hash pies. Pumpkin or sweet potato are good at holding everything together, but anything left in the fridge will do.
The ingredient of Roast vegetable hash pies
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan, grated
- 800g leftover roast vegetables, roughly chopped (see Notes)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Mint leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Roast vegetable hash pies
- Preheat oven to 200C. Lightly beat 2 eggs in a bowl with cinnamon, nutmeg, oregano, dill and parmesan. Season and gently stir in the roast vegetables. Divide the mixture among four 300ml pie pans and lightly press to flatten. Drizzle with 2 tbs oil and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly crispy on top.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tbs oil in a frypan over medium heat. Fry remaining 4 eggs for 3 minutes or until sides are crispy but yolks are still runny. Serve on top of pies with feta and mint leaves.
Nutritions of Roast vegetable hash piescalories: