Whip up this hearty pilaf meal in half an hour with this quick and easy microwave recipe.
The ingredient of Vegetable pilaf with crisp pancetta
- 16 (about 150g) thin slices pancetta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 small fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 300g (1 1/2 cups) Basmati rice, rinsed
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 300g piece butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut into 2cm pieces
- 200g piece cauliflower, cut into small florets
- ground black pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Vegetable pilaf with crisp pancetta
- Arrange 1/2 the pancetta in a single layer between 2 sheets of paper towel, and place on a heatproof microwave-safe plate. Cook on High/800watts/100% for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes or until light golden. Repeat with the remaining pancetta. Set aside until the pancetta cools, then break into large pieces.
- Place the oil, onion, chilli and garlic in a 3 litre (12 cup), heatproof microwave-safe bowl or microwave rice cooker. Cook, uncovered, on High/800watts/100%, stirring every minute, for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add the rice and stir to coat. Cook on High/800watts/100% for 1 minute.
- Stir in the stock, pumpkin and carrots. Cover with a lid or double layer of plastic wrap. Cook on High/800watts/100% for 5 minutes, then Medium/500watts/50% for 7 minutes.
- Uncover the pilaf and stir in the zucchini and cauliflower (work quickly to prevent too much steam from escaping). Cover and cook on Medium/500watts/50% for 7 minutes or until almost all the liquid is absorbed. Set aside, covered, for 3 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add 3/4 of pancetta and use a fork to separate rice grains. Season with pepper. Serve sprinkled with remaining pancetta.
Nutritions of Vegetable pilaf with crisp pancettacalories: 519.586 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 70 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 19 grams protein
calories: 22 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1520 milligrams sodium